Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Still wondering what's next...

No, still no blogging about my vacation to Cairo, seems it will take a while for me to regain my mood to blog about the good stuff in my life...

I met with our vice president last week, and he gave it to me point-blank: "The current situation will continue for another 3 to 4 months, even more... The company is passing through some tough financial times and even the travel agency might be the first to close down..."

Well I guess that put an end to thinking! I am on a sinking ship, and its either stay on and hope that they manage to close up the hole at the bottom... or just abandon ship!

On the other hand, I had an interview with the Business Development Manager of the company I applied to... The guy was very pleasant and he seemed to be well educated and knows what the heck he is talkin about. I actually enjoyed this interview and felt at ease talkin to him... But he did surprise me with a question in the middle of our conversation: "Who do you consider as your idol in leadership? Who do you look up to?"

I stared at him a bit for a second, then told him: my dad! He smiled and asked if I would like to add someone else... I told him I do consider Anwar Al-Sadat as a good leader... and in the Field of business I have to say Mohammed Bin Rashed Al-Maktoom.

Anyway enough with the Jeopardy game... I am expecting their proposal and contract in my email today or tomorrow, and afterwards I have the biggest and the most feared task: meeting up with my general manager to tell him I am quitting, only 2 months before high season!!! And the funny thing is, he doesn't know I met up with our vice president! So as the sly man I know him to be, he will try every trick in the book to pressure me to stay... This wont be easy...

No comments: