Thursday, May 31, 2007

Feeling Euphoric...

The dream started a month back when I got a call from Mr. Saeed the managing director of LOGIC Holdings telling me that he wants to hang 20 of my photos in his cafe on the prestigious Rawdah Street here in Jeddah. Since that time I was in a tornado of decisions... Which photos to pick, what sizes to print, framed or canvas... oh so many choices and so little time...

I finally picked my 20 photos... 3 of them were actually settled upon minutes before I entered the print shop! The guys at Sahara were very precise and professional... 20 photos were done and framed in only 3 days! We then had to stay at the cafe from 2 AM till 6 AM hanging up the photos and making sure everything was ok... A big thanks goes to my lovely wife who endured the tiring stay and struggled to keep awake till we were done.

Then came Friday... the big day... the opening was scheduled at 9:30 PM but people actually started coming since 8:30! Thank God I was there since 7 making sure everything was perfect... I started getting a bit uneasy when only a few people showed up... but as soon as the clock struck 10 PM it was like a pipeline of people burst! Tables were filled, people flocked in, and I couldnt keep up as I was flying like a busy bee from one group to the other giving them a quick tour and answering their questions. Even the famous "Layalina" magazine was there to cover the event.

By 12:30 midnight... the last guest left the cafe and I collapsed on a chair near by.. what a night! I stared at my work hanging on those walls and felt a wide grin come over my face... This is what I dreamt of, this is what I was waiting for... my art and my passion hanging for all to see and enjoy...

In the end I just wana thank everyone who came and everyone who supported even if they were in another city or country... I cant find the words to thank you enough, you're all amazing!


3 comments:

Nuri said...

Good for you!! btw, are you one of those young men in the picture?

Unknown said...

Thank you :-) I am the second from the right

Drama Queen said...

i know this sounds dum but i love the shade of the painting!!i mean the purple walls and all!!and hey ur photoc are totally cute!!they very.umm happy in a way=D