Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nando's "cocks" up

The most thing you would expect when you drop a business card into that little bowl at the counter in any restaurant is winning a nice meal or combo, but visitor's of Nando's Spinningfields in Manchester got more than what they bargained for!

I was surprised when I received a nice hello message from Nando's on my work email, and every single email was visible for everyone! The replies started pouring in: some being funny, some concerned, and some using this "leak" to promote their own company services!

The uproar increased and people demanded a free meal from the management for this error, as data protection in the UK is a big issue. I added my cheesy reply and agreed that we all want free food (who would say no to free food?). The funniest line was one from one guy who called the famous restaurant "SPAM-do's"

I have to admit the management cleaned up and sent everyone a voucher for a combo meal and a drink (worth around £12). I just received mine in the post yesterday.

Thank God for data protection and decent customer service !


No comments: