Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Towards Better Health
Well I was for quite a scare a few weeks ago... All I went to have was a few simple tests to make sure everything was ok (even though down inside I knew I wasn't THAT healthy)...
The basic test was just a sperm count, just to make sure my soldiers were ok (LOL)... But the results weren't that good... Which made the doctor ask for a hormone test... BAM! That wasn't up to par either...
Many tests followed... Thyroid, diabetes, liver functions, blood pressure, the works! And from my results, It's clear I have the health of a 60 year old man trapped in a 28 year old body.. And the cause? I am as lazy as a turtle after a large meal... Junk food, no exercise, not enough sleep, too much coffee, Shisha (water pipe, hubbly bubbly, whatever u Westerners call it)... Damn man!
My doctor scheduled another appointment after 2 months, which during that time he asked me to drastically reduce my weight, eat healthy, cut on salt and spices, plus he prescribed some hypertension pills for me... What if I don't loose weight? Well I wont be able to have kids (and I LOVE kids!), my liver will fail, I will get diabetes, and probably die of a heart attack while lying on my couch knibbling on left over pizza...
Since that day I vowed all this will change... Now I only drink one cup of coffee a day, I stopped eating fast food, made sure I have lots of water, got a good daily intake of fruits and veggies, and stopped that damn Shisha! Plus I went and joined a gym which is just a walking distance from my house...
I know I have to be patient... Ruining my health over the last 10 years wont be fixed in just a week or two... Plus I really have to be strong, and my will as solid as steal...God help me...
See ya on the scale!

2 comments:

SunShine said...

Good for you! I am a bit of a health nut and I salute everyone who steps up to take responsibility of their own health. Good luck =)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much :-)

I guess life in KSA really doesnt support you if ur a health nut, thats why its very hard to break out of it