Sunday, October 15, 2006


Beirut.. or Bust!
After we werent willing to go anywhere in Eid, suddenly a crazy plan came up to go to Beirut! Crazy? Could be... with the war that just ended 2 months ago, BUT prices are as low as ever plus Beirut wasnt hit by any bombings anyway... And most importantly, its a great chance to put my new Nikon D70s to good use!
Being the organized person I am, I am really having a hard time fixing everything on such a short notice. Imagine a guy who plans his travel 1-2 months in advance suddenly making plans for a trip next week! Yeah thats how frustrated I am...
Plus the geniouses in our staff department made my exit re-entry visa for 1 week! Who on earth gives a visa for one week? What I know is that the minimum you get is 01 month except if you're a plumber or a driver or something... What if I get sick? Get caught in an accident? Well I didnt stay quiet and I wrote a complain and sent it direct to our vice president!
Tomorrow I should get my visa to Lebanon, and my flights are still waiting list, AND I didnt book a hotel yet... thats so not me... But with this week being the last week at work I also got alot of pending stuff to finish, combined with the hectic schedule of Ramadan, its no easy tasy!
Oh yeah and the last of good news, the stock market crashed... So no extra money for the trip! Someone shoot me... BANG! Thanks...

10 comments:

Black Orchid said...

ppl have started to go back to Beirut now..
i wouldn't dare! it's scary :$

anyway,
have a safe trip =D

Nuri said...

Beirut wasn't hit by bombings?
I'd love to travel to Lebanon, but... I don't think I'd dare either!

Trevelyana said...

Beriut's awesome.. it's spirit would never die. If I wasn't shackled to work out here (and procrastinating by blogging right now..) I'd be going there too..

Beirut is love :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to all of u for your warm wishes :-)

Black Orchid & Nuri.. you should be brave, u only live once ;-)

Nuri said...

"being brave" and telling us "you only live once" really don't work together...
Tell us about it when you come back, ok? It's in my list of possible travel destinations...

Unknown said...

Of corse Nuri, wait for a blog with some stories and pictures when I come back..!

Nouph said...

I'd luv to go back to Bierut anytime! Have fun, and do use the Nikon, let's see if you enjoy this trip.. About the Visa, Saudi gives out 2 weeks visas :P so shut up, and about the stock market, I lost whatever hope I had there, I'm buying gold from now on!
~interesting blog ;)

Unknown said...

Stop defending them FooF :-p I know there r 2 weeks and a month and even 6 months, but they gave me a week those *&#^&%^&**&^^ !!! LoooL

glad u like my blog ;-)

Anonymous said...

godfather, trust me trips that happen like that are the ones that make memories! I did the travel to lebenon thing in 3 days that was the best!
dude just enjoy it!

Unknown said...

The Solar Alchemist: I bet man... too bad we couldnt make it.. but Dubai was a blast!

Cutie: I am not Saudi, thats why I need a visa :-)