Monday, October 09, 2006

I wish I was half as you...
Another sign that Allah loves this man (Khaled), his brother managed to get the visa to enter Saudi Arabia in just 2 hours, which is something very difficult... today he entered the office, and it was the first time I saw him face to face... Did I mention they were twins? It was like Khaled was standing right in front of me... "subhan Allah"...

As soon as Amr saw his twin brother's empty desk, he burst into tears... it was so moving...Today after "Aasr" prayer we went and prayed the burial prayers, we were happy and proud when the "emam" told us that Khaled was not "mukaffan" (wrapped in the usual burial clothings), nor was he washed as regular deaths... because he was wearing his "ehram" when he died... Even his face was not covered... The emam told us that on the day of judgement, he will appear with his ehram and "mulabyan" (calling out pilgrimage prayers) labayk Allahuma labeek... labeek la shareeka laka labeek...

The people walked in carrying him on their shoulders, and I saw his face... it was bright as day, and I swear to Allah there was a faint smile on his face... His face was so relaxed... as if he knows where he is going and what is waiting for him...
After the prayer we carried him to the van where they drove him off to the grave yards... It was a hot day, and as they were lowering him to the grave, I saw small sweat droplets form on his forehead.... just as he is a living person and not someone who was dead for the past 48 hours..."wala ta7sabana alazeena qotelo fee sabeel Allah amwatan bal a7ya2an 3end rabehem yorzaqoon" sadaq Allah al azeem...

We buried Khaled , and we prayed for him and said our good byes... this is how we will all end, under a pile of sand and pebbles and rocks... rich or poor, driving a Porsche or a Hyundai, living in a villa by the beach or in a 2 room apartment, we will all die and end up under the ground, in the dark, with only what Allah has in store for us...
We must all wake up... I know I have... I vow to Allah that I will change to the better.. I want to be just like Khaled...

2 comments:

Nohaz said...

ربنا يرحمه برحمته يا رب و يغفر لنا كلنا

Unknown said...

آميييين