Sunday, October 08, 2006

We will Miss you...
I got this phone call from Egypt last night, and it was from Amr who is the brother of Khaled, our colleague at work... he asked me if I know anything about Khaled as the last they know of him was Friday night when he called his wife (who is in Egypt) and told her he just finished "Omra" (a kind of Muslim pilgrimage) and he is on his way to the city of Jeddah...
I tried calling Khaled's mobile but it was off... I didnt go to work yesterday because of a bad flu so I called my manager and he told me Khaled did not come to work... We just hoped he was jailed for speeding or crossing a traffic light or something...

Today morning I came to work... and while we were discussing who does what and searches where... We got a phone call from the Police station telling us that Khaled died yesterday in a car accident on the way from Makkah to Jeddah.. it appears his car had a flat tire and he went out to fix it and a speeding car (probably because it was 3 AM and dark) hit him... He didnt die right away, but stayed in the hospital from Friday to Saturday... He died wearing his "ehram" (white clothing worn for pilgrimage)...

I am shocked... still unbeleiving... I just saw the guy on Thursday at work, he sits on the desk right next to mine... I cant beleive he is gone, I have known him now for 3 years, I will really miss him...
I will miss our joking around...I will miss when he asks me about English spelling,as he writes his emails...I will miss seeing him walking around,with his small cup of tea and ciggerette...And that annoying mobile ring tone of his...
He was a real man in a time when men are barely found... Whenever one of us gets sick or tired, he was the first to ask and offer help... Whenever someone was stuck he was the first to take out his wallet and offer support... May Allah bless him...

I want to take this opprutonity to talk to you all my brother and sister Muslims... See how life is so cheap and how we are so weak... We can die just like that... at any time...We are now in the month of Ramadan.. Lets go back to Allah and ask his forgivness for what we have sinned...
If you drink, stop drinking...If you have sexual relations without marriage, stop...If you like having a girlfriend and enjoy your relations and being a playboy, start thinking of taking the right path and settling down...
If you dont pray regularly, start praying...
If you my Muslim sister go out wearing reveiling clothing, swim suits, and dont care about men staring at your body, start thinking again about Allah and judgement day...
If you have taken anything thats not yours, return it...If you stand with your friends flirting and staring at girls, stop that and go do something useful...

Allah is forgiving beyond what you think... Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" said that nothing makes Allah more happy than his worshipper realizing his wrong doings and asking for forgivness...

May Allah bless us all... Please pray for him...
Your brother,
Ahmed

3 comments:

Nohaz said...

ربنا يرحمه و يتولا اهله بالرحمه الله يكون في عون مراته يمكن ربنا بيحبها انها في مصر دلوقت مع اهلها عشان لو كانت لوحدها معاه دلوقت اكيد كان هيبقي صعب قوي

Nohaz said...

يتولي مش يتولا معلش بكتب بسرعة

Unknown said...

بجد معاكي حق يا نها، ربنا يرحمه يا رب